Written by Signe Fjord & Anne Patricia Rehlsdorph.
Everything you need to know to make the decision that is right for YOU!
Looking for an overview of your options (insemination by sperm donor, co-parenting, adoption – just to mention a few) and the ethical, moral and emotional aspects on how to become a mom? Dare to look beyond the nuclear family norm in search of your dream!
Feeling like you are the only single woman in the world longing for a child?
You are not alone. We promise.
Let this ground-breaking and very honest book will give you all the information you need!
• Is your biological clock ticking too loud for comfort?
• Haven’t you found the right man to be the father of your children?
• Are you looking for qualified sparring and short cuts from other solo moms?
Recognize yourself? If so, this book is just what you need!
”We have written this book hoping to share inspiration, courage and hope to other women in the same situation as we were. Now we are both mothers to wonderful children thanks to the help of sperm donors.”
Anne’s son, Johan, was born November, 2008. Signe’s daughter, Zinelle, was born March, 2012.
Use the book as a compass to navigate in the world of opportunities, good advice, prejudice, ovulation, sperm and qualms of conscience. Find out how to face your own reactions as well as those of people around you. This book will show you how to go from thinking about it to doing something about it, helping you move closer to realizing your dream before biology makes it impossible.
Here is what this book will give you:
– Clarity when it comes to the possibilities of having a child as a single woman.
– Important input on how to face ethical, moral and emotional questions that you are likely to meet.
– A valuable overview of extremely relevant facts, legal aspects and financial issues related to your decision.
– Perspectives and good advice from 4 grown up donor children, a sperm donor, a sperm bank, a futurist, experts in fertility treatment and 7 single women who have decided to become mothers with help from a sperm donor.
– A detailed analysis of the choice between an anonymous and a non-anonymous sperm donor.
-Tips on how to create your own optimal support network.
– Standard answers to help you respond to the many questions you will be met with from those around you.
– And much, much more…
To put it briefly: This book will answer all your questions – even the ones you didn’t know that you had!